5.24.2004

My weekend was eventful - and it really started on wednesday night. I went out with my fella to Old Spaghetti Factory in Newport (which is cool cuz it is where we had our first date) and we sat near where we did that night in the train car. We had a bottle of wine (hot!) and fun conversation. Observed "newport" types brag about boats and cars and new houses and heard teenage relationships falter in arguments...then, went to walk around the beach and drove for a bit, and eventually decided that it would be better to head to my house and make drinks. Gelson's stayed open just for us to buy some juice (again, hot!) and we proceded to head out and make mixed drinks.

Thursday I only worked until noon then caught a train to san diego to hang with the padres. (my parents i mean, not the baseball team). I had a custom-made bloody mary and read my book in peace. Got down to SD and hit up the Hotel Del Coronado. My mom and I found the bar and the 72 hours of social drinking/schmoozing began. For reasons too long to list, I was un-invited to the dinner on the thursday night. My parents felt soooo bad, but promised me we could all go out after the ceremony, so instructed me to get ready anyhow and enjoy the evening and I could meet up after. Feeling all dressed up with no where to go and no one to go with, I meandered along the beach feeling sorry for myself. Not the best time to learn about lap dances (but that really didn't bother me either...i was just busy being in a funk). Someone thought I was a "call girl" which made me feel even better (note: sarcasm). I eventually met up with my parents and all was better.

Friday was the Christening. So rad! Champagne bottle broke on the first swing (and it is bad luck if it doesn't) and there were streamers coming down from the bow and they saluted the port - HOT! I loved it and took tons of pictures! Lunch followed with more cocktails and schmoozing. After, we moved to a new hotel down town and chilled.

Saturday: took a tour on a vessel that goes on land AND the water. Cool stuff. Then went to an Irish pub for dinner and beers. Then my mom and I went to Old Town and walked around and took a nighttime ghost tour of san diego, which was cheesy, but really fun. Got back to the hotel and called my dad and then hit up one of the lounges in the hotel around 11.

Sunday: woke up early, got room service, my parents left an hour before me to make the airport, i checked out , took a cab, hopped on my train and went back to the OC. Hugged my boyfriend on the train platform, went on a shopping excursion, went with luis to find a desk, "helped" him put together said desk, rented a movie, fell asleep...i realized just how much i am going to miss him when he goes to colombia.

today: at work and wishing it were the weekend again so i can relax...i am so lazy! however, i have been asked to give "input" at work...that is always cool!! I am feeling really good about the week.

now, must go place the lunch orders for the office