6.14.2004

Amazing weekend!!

Luis and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary early by "going on vacation". This consisted of staying at a local hotel (to feel like we went out of town) and eating dinner at none other than Ruth's Chris (faaaaaancy!). We had a friend working at the hotel, and he gave us the inside info on the goings-on for this particular weekend: aparently, we stayed at the host hotel for the KROQ Weenie Roast, so all of the headliners and the like were staying there too. Let me just say this: we partied with the rockstars. (hehehe) :-)

After consuming an entire bottle of pink champagne (with chocolate covered strawberries), the two of us made our way to our dinner reservations. Dinner was incredible!! We sat at the bar to wait for our table and had some cocktails. Once we were seated, we ordered a shrimp apetizer and a half-bottle of wine. We ate our entrees, ordered an after-dinner drink and then called our free shuttle to come pick us up.

The next morning, we ordered room service (because we could, and we were still "on vacation"), checked out, and then headed back to my place, where we met up with my cousins and grandparents. After a quick hello with them, Luis and I then made our way to Diamond Bar, where I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of Luis's cousins from Colombia. I had been amped to speak spanish, but when given the opportunity, I froze like an ice cube...After some pleasantries, we all made our way to Cal Poly Pomona, where we watched Daniel walk. Graduations are always so exciting!! After the ceremony, we all went to Buca di Beppo for his graduation dinner.

As the weekend came to a close, I grew more and more fatigued. I crashed early and woke up refreshed...


I love a good vacation.