8.02.2007

5 months down the road...

Okay, so my world has gone through some loop-de-loops in the last five months - since my last entry...There has been an intense shift from somber to elated - all within a matter of mere heartbeats, if you will.

On March 15th, my grandmother passed away. It has taken me five months to be able to put that in writing...it was an absolutely hellacious situation - simply mortifying...Nothing will ever be able to repair the hole that is now in my heart...Losing someone is always hard - especially when the person is so meaningful and involved in your daily life. But when you feel like that person has been ripped from you - in an untimley fashion - that is just not something to get over easily. When I am ready, I will tell the story and a tribute that will do her memory justice. But I am just not ready...

Luis and I went to Europe with my family on a cruise that we had all booked about a year prior. On said cruise through the Mediterranean, Luis asked me to marry him. It was perfect - not only because of the location, but also because the timing coincided with my 26th birthday and our 6 year anniversary.

Our wedding date is set for August 15th of 2008! The ceremony will be in a church in San Juan Capistrano (the same one in which I was baptized!) and the reception will be in Newport Beach at a hotel.

Lots more to talk about...lots more to come...